Car Racing – Many Choices.
There are many types of racing and may be categorized as follows:
(1) Rally Racing: Rallying involves racing in off-road areas where general people don’t drive their vehicles. The drivers and the co-drivers rally at some point and then leave the spot at regular intervals to reach a particular point. The drivers and their co-drivers can explore the track beforehand to be able to have a much better notion of the roads. The co-drivers help the drivers to find the best possible way to reach the destination. World Rally Championship is the most used championship in this sort of race.
(2) Single-seater Racing: This is one of the very most famous motor sports and involves plenty of specially designed high-speed cars. These are auto parts open-wheels cars and generally the cars have aerofoil wings in the leading and as well as rear to really have a better adhesion to the track. Formula One is a World Championship that is now proven to every motor sport enthusiast. This championship is the best degree of motor sport and every car racer desires to participate in this competition.
(3) Ice Racing: This type of racing takes place in snow or on frozen lakes. Obvious requirement for such race is extreme weather conditions and this motor sport generally takes place in high latitudes. These cars involve full rubber and studded tires for a much better adhesion.
(4) Touring Car Racing: This type of race involves highly modified production cars and it’s comparatively slower compared to low rider racing or the single-seater racing. The most used championship may be the World Touring Car Championship.
(5) Stock Car Racing: This type of car racing is comparable to Touring car racing and is definitely an American version of the same. The vehicle racing series popular in this sort of racing may be the NASCAR. This is generally conducted on ovals and the cars used in racing are much like production cars but are specifically built for racing.
(6) Drag Racing: Drag racing involves completing a particular distance in the shortest possible time. Generally this distance is 400 m and the range of cars participating in this race may be everyday car to high class racing cars. It depends on which form of car will be useful for drag racing as a road racing car can cover 400m in 15 sec and the same distance may be included in a specially designed fuel dragster car in 4.5 sec.
(7) Sports Car Racing: Sports vehicle racing takes place in a closed circuit and in this race, purpose-built cars and sports cars production versions compete with each other. This race is very for long distances like 1000km and that is why this race involves multiple driver switching between them.
(8) Off-road Racing: The name tells all of it, the racing of some modified cars occurs off road i.e. from city traffic. Off road famous championship series is CORR.
(9) Hill Climbing: This type of race involves racing for the best time completion. The cars have to climb the extremely steep hills and the car with the best completion time may be the winner.
(10) Kart Racing: Generally, most motor sport enthusiasts start their career from Kart racing. The racing tracks are very small and the karts used in the race are very distinctive from the standard cars that operate on roads.